The singing and dancing starts at 7:30 p.m. and will feature “an energetic mix of Irish, bluegrass and gospel music,” as well as dancers from the Milwaukee Irish Dance Company, according to a news release.
After leaving Ireland and touring with Riverdance, Byrne met his wife in Milwaukee and settled in Wisconsin, where, for the last 10 years he has “led Paddygrass in assembling a collective of the area’s most talented performers,” the release said.
Young Auditorium’s new season also includes nationally touring Broadway titles, dance productions, national and regional performances and family-friendly programs.
September and October shows include:
- Hiplet Ballerinas, Sept. 25. Dancers blend classical pointe with African, Latin, hip-hop and urban dance styles.
- Rhapsodie Quartet, Oct. 8. Features stars from the Madison Symphony Orchestra.
- “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” Oct. 13. Family-friendly theater adaptation of the classic tale.
- The Unauthorized Biography Series, Oct. 15. Musical project celebrates cultural icons through biographical hip-hop songs.
- Animal Quest, Oct. 19. Children can get up close with amazing creatures.
The auditorium is located at 930 W. Main St. in Whitewater. For tickets or more information, go online to youngauditorium.com or call 262-472-2222.