Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup za’atar seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) flatbreads
- 1 onion (4 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tomato (6 ounces), cored and chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 425° F. In small bowl, combine za’atar seasoning and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon za’atar mixture on each flatbread. Arrange flatbreads on large baking sheet; set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, heat remaining olive oil. Cook onion 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add veal and cook 4-5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in feta cheese. Spoon 1/4 veal mixture onto each flatbread. Sprinkle each flatbread with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle each flatbread with parsley.
Nutrition information per serving: 17 g protein; 40 g carbohydrate; 19 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 45 mg cholesterol; 760 mg sodium; 1 g fiber; 5 g total sugars; 10% DV calcium; 15% DV iron.