These Blueberry and Pomegranate Power Bars (recipe courtesy of the Popcorn Board) are full of nutrients and energy, delivered in a delicious, easy to pack and eat bar. They feature popcorn, a whole grain that provides carbohydrates and fiber to the diet. The mixture of popcorn, oats, nuts, and berries will fill you and fuel you and help get you to your next destination.
For more great tasting recipes, visit the Popcorn Board at www.popcorn.org.
Blueberry & Pomegranate Power Bars
Makes: 12 bars
8 cups popped popcorn
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup whole natural almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Combine popcorn, oats, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and almonds in large bowl.
- Combine honey, brown sugar and butter in small saucepan; cook over low heat to boiling; boil 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using damp hands, press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 12 bars.
- Dip bottoms of bars into melted chocolate. Place on wax paper lined pan; refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in tight covered container in refrigerator.