Festival on the Rock brings music, food and fun to shores of the Rock River in Preservation Park on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 7 and Sept. 8.
The festival runs from 4 p.m. to midnight Sept. 7 and from 8 a.m. to midnight Sept. 8 at 3444 Riverside Drive.
Admission and parking are free.
In addition to food, a beer tent and a carnival, the festival includes knockerball, boat rides and volleyball and bags tournaments. On Saturday, special attractions include the cardboard boat regatta at noon and fireworks at dusk.
The music lineup features:
• Steve Ditzell & Blue Lightning Band, 6:15 p.m. Friday
• Zac Matthews Band, 9 p.m. Friday
• Cole Brandt, 2 p.m. Saturday
• Left of Reason, 4:30 p.m. Saturday
• Roxtar, 6:45 p.m. Saturday
• Blacktop Kings, 9 p.m. Saturday