The pressing issue of the 2018 race is a logical referendum choice for building and infrastructure. This choice will affect the next 20 years of student achievement, STEM programs, school technology, career readiness, Youth Options and student safety. Additionally this choice will affect the BASD taxpayers for the next 20 years.
The top priority for me is to accomplish a reasonable referendum and utilize a cash flow method for addressing the infrastructure needs. Why? The BASD board’s goal is to provide a student environment that leads to student achievement and safety.
My voting record for the last six years shows support of:
• fiscal responsibility in all aspects of the school budget
• common sense future referendum
• transparent, open and public discussions of board issues
• safety for the students and their learning environments
• school technology and STEM programs
• career readiness and Youth Options.
I wish to keep your voice on the school board for another three years. Please vote on April 3 for Philip A. Ketterhagen and Taylor Wishau.
Philip A. Ketterhagen