Friday, Jan. 19
- Bingo, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Grinnell Hall, 631 Bluff St.
- Finger knitting for children, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Beloit Public Library, 605 Eclipse Blvd.
- Family movie night, doors open at 5:30 p.m., movies at 6 p.m., Grinnell Hall auditorium and great room. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. Free popcorn.
Saturday, Jan. 20
- The World of Birds, noon to 2 p.m., Welty Environmental Center, 1201 Big Hill Court. Learn to identify birds, observe birds in Big Hill Park and make a bird feeder.
- Winter Walk About, 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Nature at the Confluence, 306 Dickop St., South Beloit. Hike the trails, take the family photo challenge, make s’mores by the campfire.
Sunday, Jan. 21
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Big Hill Park, 1201 Big Hill Court
- Hot chocolate, self-guided hike, scavenger hunt, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Welty Environmental Center
- Log-rolling demonstration, noon to 1 p.m., State Family YMCA, 501 Third St.
Additional programs that require a fee include open skating at Edwards Ice Arena, family gymnastics at the State Family YMCA, open family swim at the Beloit Memorial High School Natatorium, a volleyball tournament and a euchre tournament.
In addition, with snow conditions permitting, sledding will take place at Hospital Hill and city trails will be open for cross-country skiing. Snowshoes will be available for rent. Call 608-361-1377 for more information.
For a full lineup of Beloit Winterfest events, go online to beloitrecreation.com.