HotChocolate Fest, Burlington
Burlington is known for its beginning-of-summer ChocolateFest extravaganza, but you can enjoy a whole new season of fun as the winter version takes place Friday, Jan. 19, through Sunday, Jan. 21, in Echo Park and on Echo Lake.
Some highlights include:
- Open ice skating during the duration of the festival
- 6:30 p.m. Jan. 19, s’mores and campfire storytelling
- 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 20, hot chocolate tasting
- 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 20, snowman decorating contest
- 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 20, children’s broomball
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 20, chili tasting
- 2 p.m., adult broomball
- 6:30 p.m. Jan. 20, s’mores and campfire storytelling
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Jan. 21, pancake breakfast at Veterans Terrace in Echo Park
Veterans Park on the downtown square is the place to be for Winterfest on Saturday, Jan. 20. Winter games and activities for all ages are slated from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The festival features the International Little Artists Foundation and the Sparrow Dance Company dancers. Attendees can warm up at Friends on the Square, which will offer a hot cocoa bar, children’s crafts and craft beers and a cash bar for adults.
Admission is free.